New video showcases how HARMAN Professional audio and lighting solutions deliver exceptional results for more than 2,000 events each year
WASHINGTON D.C.—As the nation’s premier performing arts and cultural center, The Kennedy Center houses nine world-class performance spaces, including four theaters, three concert stages, an opera house, and a concert hall. It is also the resident venue for the National Symphony Orchestra (NSO) and the Washington National Opera (WNO). Each year, the Kennedy Center produces more than 2,000 events and performances, making it one of the only venues in the world to host such a high and diverse volume of programming.
“The partnership that we’ve had with HARMAN is 20 years old, and in those 20 years we have done extraordinary work together. We’ve been creative, HARMAN has been responsive. And together we have done things that we alone could never have done.”
—Deborah Rutter, President, Kennedy Center
In order to support a huge range of performances on a demanding schedule, the Kennedy Center relies on HARMAN Professional audio and lighting solutions to provide brilliant sound and lighting for each event. Every venue in the Kennedy Center features JBL Professional speakers, Crown amplifiers, dbx signal processing, Soundcraft or Studer consoles, AKG microphones, and Martin lighting.
To celebrate the 20-year partnership between HARMAN and The Kennedy Center, HARMAN traveled to the facility to create this video, which shows how HARMAN Professional audio and lighting solutions give event producers impressive artistic license to achieve their vision.
- See how a complete HARMAN Professional audio and lighting solution enables the Kennedy Center to produce daring and artistic live performances across its nine venues
- Learn why HARMAN equipment provides the reliability, ease-of-use, and technical redundancy required for 365 days of performances across multiple venues
- Discover how more than 1,000 JBL loudspeakers and 500 Crown amplifiers bring impressive sound to every event
- Find out how Soundcraft and Studer consoles, and dbx signal processing help audio engineers deliver world-class mixes for each event
- See how AKG microphones provide professional sound reproduction for the NSO, WNO, and touring artists
- Learn why production teams use Martin moving-head fixtures to create stunning lighting designs
“When the technology is at its best, you never think about it, you never see it. That allows culture to be culture and technology to just be the infrastructure that we know we need. And we’re grateful to be working with HARMAN because they’re a partner who can help us realize that vision.”
—Garth Ross, Vice President, Community Engagement, Kennedy Center