The MediaStar Systems product portfolio provides IPTV, digital signage and multimedia distribution
MediaStar, the well-known flagship brand of Cabletime’s IPTV, streaming and digital signage solutions is today taking centre stage as the company moves to become MediaStar Systems. The announcement comes as the company unveils a roster of new enhancements and features at ISE 2020 on booth 10-P130.
Changing from Cabletime to MediaStar Systems will allow the company to embrace the name it has become increasingly known by and add further strength to a brand that is now synonymous with high quality design, development and manufacture. The new website is: http://mediastarsystems.com
“Unveiling our new name and new website after 35 years as Cabletime is very exciting,” said Shaun Oxenham, CEO. “Our customers have been referring to us as MediaStar for years, so we wanted to make it official and there is no better forum for the announcement than at ISE.”
On the agenda for MediaStar Systems at the event are:
- Demonstrations of Media Manager 10.5, the new version of the popular content management system. Updates include multi-language support, custom translations and support for Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Hebrew and all Unicode character sets. In addition, users will benefit from an enterprise search capability for media assets, players and sources, H265 file support and HDCP 2.2 Pro stream support and identification. Media Manager 10.5 also now offers play-out logs and gathers play-out logs from signage players for proof-of-play, centralising the data which can be exported to 3rd party analysis tools.
- Encoder updates, including low latency encoders supporting, and compliant with, one-to-many HDCP 2.2 Pro stream protection, and the all new 4K encoder with 12 Gb SDI and HDMI inputs.
- Enhancements to the 782-model Media Players including support for HDCP Pro and Pro-Idiom, and a new Chromium browser with support for protected live streamed content with HDCP 2.2 Pro and Pro:Idiom. This enables secure end-to-end digital signage with legal and compliant streamed content. 3rd Party web-based signage systems, including Appspace, are also now supported and, uniquely, they can now be combined with secure streams within the signage playout. Demonstrations on the booth will show way-finding suite of applications running on a 782 Media Player with a multi-touch interface, and, importantly for the international audience at ISE, the ability to run Unicode tickers in multiple character sets with left to right smooth scrolling as well as right to left.
- MediaStar Systems’ Media Portal has been enhanced to deliver even lower latency with support for H265 and secure content streams to the desktop using HDCP 2.2 Pro – another unmatched feature being launched at ISE.
- With the focus on digital signage at ISE, visitors to the booth will find updates to the MediaStar digital signage player, supporting multi-zone signage with secure, low latency media streams using HDCP 2.2 Pro and support for Appspace and other popular HTML based signage services.
- And not to be outdone, the MediaStar range of Transcoders and Gateways features the new IP Multi-Mux card 796, which routes live TV streams directly to the Multi-Mux ‘blade’ for analysing, channel selection and re-distribution onto a multicast network. A G711 codec enables audio outputs to the transcoders, which is particularly important to financial and trading customers, for audio integration with their trading turrets.
- Finally, MediaStar Systems is also announcing that it’s RU training courses have just been approved by Avixa for CTS points.
“What these enhancements mean for our customers is even better performance, confidence in compliance and content protection, the reassurance of low-latency and vastly improved support for international deployments,” said Shaun Oxenham. “Every product line in the MediaStar Systems range now offers new features, and we are using the ISE forum to introduce these to existing and potential customers from across the world.”
The MediaStar Systems product portfolio provides IPTV, digital signage and multimedia distribution. These solutions are primarily used by medium to large enterprises requiring future-proof, stable solutions for live TV corporate communications, multicasts, and digital signage.