The new MC4-R 4-Series control system will also debut and is designed to meet the needs of small to mid-sized homes and MDU installations
At ISE 2020, Crestron, the global leader in advanced smart home technology, will debut a wide array of new features and support for partner manufacturers’ devices in the latest update to its Crestron Home platform. Crestron Home unlocks the full potential of the Crestron smart home. It’s the complete package for any size project, delivering a simpler, smarter user experience for homeowners, remarkably fast configuration and deployment for integrators, and the confidence that comes with renowned, best-in-class Crestron hardware.
“We’re committed to applying the full force of our unparalleled engineering resources and expertise to make Crestron Home the best smart home experience in every way,” said John Clancy, VP, Residential at Crestron. “In fact, we add an average of a dozen new features each month along with support for more and more partner manufacturers’ devices.”
New “starter” control system
Also debuting at ISE 2020 is the new MC4-R 4-Series control system, designed to meet the needs of small to mid-sized homes and MDU installations. Designed for the ultimate flexibility, the MC4-R is powered via PoE, has a full complement of built-in control ports, and includes an infiNET EX wireless gateway. It can can be surface- or rack-mounted, and its small size even allows installation behind a TV. Capable of controlling hundreds of devices, the MC4-R packs dazzling performance and Crestron’s industry-leading security into a convenient form factor at a great price.
Expansive support for industry protocols and partners
Crestron Home exemplifies the power of partnership, with support for standard control protocols, such as DALI and BACnet, and partnerships with leading manufacturers, including 2N, CoolAutomation, Jandy, Pentair, Hayward, Sonos, and Domotz. Crestron Home works with products including Apple HomeKit devices, Amazon Alexa devices, Google Assistant virtual personal assistant, and Sonos devices.
A smart home user experience like no other
Crestron Home delivers a sophisticated design, exceptional dynamic room controls and icons, powerful features, and support for multiple homes. Complete projects can be set up and deployed in a fraction of the time of traditional methods, with no programming needed.
Guests to the Crestron stand will see the ISE debut of exciting new Crestron Home features:
- Smart TV support, including direct access to streaming services, such as Netflix and Hulu, from the Crestron mobile app, touch screens, and remotes
- Support for Dark Mode on iPhone smartphones and iPad tablets
- IP control of Apple TV from any user interface, including the TSR-310, Crestron touch screens, and mobile devices, and Siri voice recognition with Apple TV
- Enhanced UX to access control of garage doors, gates, and door locks
- Support for pool and spa controls
- Ability to integrate audio and video DAs
- Live camera control and monitoring
- Ability to password protect sensitive subsystems, such as security, home access, and cameras
- Support for Google Assistant virtual personal assistant to control lighting
A simpler, smarter, more sophisticated user experience. Fast deployment for any size home project. And the best hardware in the business. No one brings it home like Crestron Home. See for yourself at ISE 2020, 11 – 14 February, Hall 2, Stand C20.