Epson has unveiled its most advanced home theater projector with the Epson Pro Cinema LS12000 4K PRO-UHD®1 Laser Projector. Incorporating an all-new Laser Array Light Source, next-generation image enhancement, and processing algorithms, expanded HDR10+2 and HDMI 2.1 support, and real-time scene adaptive correction, the Pro Cinema LS12000 produces incredible brightness, color accuracy, and image detail for stunning 4K viewing experiences and immersive gaming.
“Home theater enthusiasts have been asking what’s next, and we are proud to deliver our best Pro Cinema projector to date, producing a full 8.3 million pixels on a screen with zero compromises in color and brightness,” said Rodrigo Catalan, group product manager, projectors, Epson. “Engineered with creators in mind, the Epson Pro Cinema LS12000 sets new technology benchmarks for 4K HDR viewing experiences. It’s truly a ‘must see it to believe it’s home theater experience.”
Some additional features of the new projector include:
- 4K PRO-UHD1 – Advanced pixel-shifting technology works in parallel with three individual high-definition LCD chips to produce an exceptionally sharp 4K picture without sacrificing picture brightness
- Precision Shift Glass Plate Technology – Unique digitally controlled Precision Shift Glass Plate precisely refracts pixel-light to display a 3840 x 2160, 8.29-million-pixel image for an exceptionally sharp and clear 4K picture
- Epson ZX Picture Processor – Our most advanced video processing technology to date, the proprietary 36-bit Epson ZX Picture Processor handles real-time color, contrast, HDR,2 frame interpolation, and resolution enhancement to faithfully reproduce the source material the way it was intended to be shown
- Laser Array Light Source – True multi-array laser diodes produce an ideal light source to power the unique 3-Chip 3LCD Projector Engine for quick turn-on, incredible picture brightness, black contrast, and color accuracy
- High Picture Brightness – Impressive 2,700 lumens of color and 2,700 lumens of white brightness3 for an exceptional picture in virtually any theater environment – even in rooms with ambient light
- True 3-Chip 3LCD Projector Engine – Advanced 3LCD technology uses three individual LCD chips to continuously display 100 percent of the RGB color signal for every frame; this allows for outstanding color gamut while maintaining excellent brightness without any rainbowing or color brightness issues are seen with other projection technologies
Check out Epson’s website to learn more about the new projector.