We Are The Dreamers Of Dreams
Happy belated 4th of July! We head into the new month with a wealth of stories coming out of the commercial side of the AV industry. With us to tackle these topics is host of our own AVSocial show Dawn Meade, Design Engineer for Diversified and self-proclaimed “certification junkie” Frank Padikkala, and Senior Director of Communications for AVIXA Joé Lloyd.
Crestron has announced their own virtual event, Crestron Next, scheduled for September 15 and 16. Crestron initially has stated they were returning to CEDIA Expo for the first time since 2015, but that event has since been cancelled and turned into a virtual event. With companies like Atlona coming up with their own virtual events, will we see more manufacturer trade show equivalents? Will this just be akin to a virtual showroom floor, or will companies take advantage of the virtual space?
PSNI Global Alliance has formed a Global Services Committee for a standard of service, integration and support for clients. This has been in the making for nearly two years, working with integration firms to expand globally. Looking at what standards can be spread and the challenge of not only creating a standard, but spreading it to actually become standardized.
CEO and Founder of Como Audio Tom DeVesto has launched a crowdfunding campaign to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US. Putting politics aside as best as we possibly can, is this a feasible route to take? Discussing what can be done in terms of components and how we could bring things back to the US.
- Dawn Meade – Dawn on Twitter
- Frank Padikkala – Frank on Twitter
- Joé Lloyd – AVIXA
- Commercial Integrator – Crestron Next virtual event set for September 15th & 16th
- AV Magazine – PSNI forms new Global Services Committee
- AVNation – Como Audio raising funds to bring manufacturing back to US
- AVNation studios production equipment provided by Shure and Vaddio.
- Frank also discussed virtual events on Digital Signage Digest 17.