It Was Inevitable
AV³ is all wrapped up, and while we should be able to just rest on our laurels and take a break the news cycle never stops. So we’re still here to check out the latest news coming out of the commercial side of the AV industry and see how it impacts everyone. Joining us this week is Kairos Solution Architect for Panasonic Frank Padikkala and Chief Marketing Officer for Konftel Stefan Eriksson.
AVIXA is showing growth for the 12th consecutive month for the pro AV space. Not just in sales, but employment as well. Are there other factors we might want to consider to get the full picture of how our industry is doing? And once we have that, what are the next steps to get that full recovery for the AV industry?
Maverick and Crestron have struck a distribution deal for 16 territories in Europe as well as the US and Canada. Normally in the states, they cut the middle man and go directly to the dealers for their conferencing solutions. What is this change going to mean for the industry? And since it’s concerning UC solutions and this is related to hybrid working, where does this fall? Is this commercial or residential? Discussing the jurisdiction lines and what this means for the industry.
LG has introduced a series of interactive displays specifically for the education space. During the pandemic, we saw an influx of touchless and “bring your own device” solutions, and interactive solutions like this were getting phased out. Can we expect these kinds of devices to make a comeback as we get past the pandemic? Looking at the future of interactive displays moving forward.
- Frank Padikkala – Frank on Twitter
- Stefan Eriksson – Konftel
- Commercial Integrator – Pro-AV Business Index shows growth in employment and sales
- AV Magazine – Crestron and Maverick announce distribution deal
- AVNation – LG showcases interactive displays for education
- AV Network – InfoComm 2021 registration opens
- AVNation studios production equipment provided by Shure and Vaddio.
- The new Konftel Ego mentioned in the show can be found here.