Someone tell this man that when you take a day off, you’re supposed to actually take the day off. It seems that no matter what sort of working state you’re in, we are here to look at the latest news coming out of the commercial side of the AV industry. Joining us this week is Global Services Manager for Verrex Charmaine Torruella, President of Hillman AV Jarrod Hillman and Multimedia Services Manager at Johns Hopkins University Erin Maher-Moran.
Friend of the show and host of our own A State of Control Steve Greenblatt writes for AV Network concerning the rise of the “no-coding” software movement. As the name would imply, it is a trend of tools within spaces to enable non-programmers to develop solutions without the nuances of a specific programming language. It sounds like a cut and dry case, where those without the dedication to a coding software can get a foot in the door to designing a system, but Steve argues about the limitations of such practices. On the other hand, Tim seems to be taking a stand that programming in the traditional line-by-line basis is at the end of its era. Which one is right? Looking at the evolution of coding within AV systems and what the modern programmer looks like in Pro AV.
TD SYNNEX has announced a new cybersecurity program looking to close the skill gap within new and existing professionals in the cybersecurity space. What can integrators do for their customers and their own company to keep as up to date as possible against vulnerabilities? Discussing the importance of awareness for the latest in cybersecurity issues for you and your clients.
After an extended hiatus, Cirque Du Soleil has returned. What gives us the AV angle in this story is the use of Sennheiser’s Digital 6000 Wireless Microphone system for their performances. Like Cirque Du Soleil, many businesses are coming back to their offices which means the need for solutions within those spaces will be in demand. What are the challenges of getting these systems installed in a timely manner for those coming back to work?
- Charmaine Torruella – Verrex
- Erin Maher-Moran – Johns Hopkins University
- Jarrod Hillman – Hillman AV
- AV Network – “No-Coding” solutions in AV
- Commercial Integrator – TD SYNNEX offers cybersecurity courses
- AVNation – Sennheiser utilized for Cirque Du Soleil’s return
- Bloomberg – Stop With The Excuses
- AVNation studios production equipment provided by Shure and Vaddio.
- If you are here at the day of this episode’s premiere, it is your last chance to participate in AVNation’s Best of 2021 Awards!
- Crestron’s statement on supply chain issues can be found here.