The WOW Factor
It’s time to look at the latest news coming out of the commercial side of the AV industry. Joining us this week is Nationwide’s Vice President of Sales & Operations for Nationwide AV Brock McGinnis, Account Manager & Marketing Director for RT Sales Jennifer Goodyer, and CEO of BAM! Marketing Brandy Alvarado-Miranda.
Vertiv has released their first Environmental, Social and Governance report. This ESG report outlines the company’s approach to energy efficiency as well as diversity, equity and inclusion, employee health and safety and more. When it comes to ‘green AV’, where do we draw the line for energy efficiency? How is the industry working on equity and inclusion, and how can we do even better? What it means for our industry to take these issues more seriously.
The Hollywood sign has been projection mapped by Paintscaping. It was part of a promotion for the Black Entertainment Television (BET) Awards on Sunday. With six Barco UDX projectors, they illuminated the sign with footage from previous BET Award shows. This is one of those great examples of AV being used in an innovative way that integrators can point to for their shows.
ClearOne has opened up their ClearOne University, an online instructor-led training & live webinar service. Over the past few years there has been a number of AV manufacturers that have set up their own education spaces like this, although the self-paced lessons are a nice twist. Now that we’ve been doing online training for a while now, is it still in demand? Looking at the future of online learning.
- Brandy Alvarado-Miranda – BAM! Marketing
- Brock McGinnis – Nationwide AV
- Jennifer Goodyer – RT Sales
- AV Network – Vertiv releases inaugural ESG Report
- AV Magazine – Paintscaping use projection mapping for Hollywood sign
- AVNation – ClearOne University opens registration for live and virtual courses
- AVNation studios production equipment provided by Shure and Vaddio.
- The AVNation Special with Rosie Riveters can be found here.
- This might be the AVIXA Sizzle video Brandy was referencing.