Surveillance is worth looking into
Looking at the race for control in smart speaker and smart home control. Who is at the front of the line? The video surveillance market is esitmated to reach $1.1 billion by the end of the year. Where this market could go. Savant makes their motorized shades easier to install and more affordable. CommScope acquires Ruckus’ parent company ARRIS for $7.4 billion. What it means when larger companies get involved in the AV market. We take a look at the directors for CEDIA 2019 that have been elected.
Host: Matt Scott
- Jason Griffing – OneVision Resources
- Kashyap Khetia – KanexPro
Links to sources:
- Seeking Alpha – The race for dominance in Smart Home Control
- CE Pro – Market for video surveillance to reach $1.1 billion by the end of 2018
- Residential Tech Today – Savant makes window shade installs easier with low voltage modules and specialized brackets
- CE Pro – CommScope buys ARRIS for $7.4 billion
- Residential Systems – CEDIA’s Directors for 2019 announced
- The video mentioned by Jason during our dicussion of the ARRIS acquisition can be found here.