For this episode of ResiWeek, we will attempt to spare you a reference to a particular Nebraska-based alternative rock band. Instead we’ll do what we’re best at, looking at the latest news within the residential side of the AV industry. Joining us to do just that is Owner of Josh.ai Alex Capecelatro and CEO of Thoughtful Integrations Joe Whitaker.
Our first story was breaking just at the end of last week, involving the movement of ISE 2022 from February to May. Our own Tim Albright had discussions with Managing Director Mike Blackman and AVIXA CEO David Labuskes, but now it’s time to look at this from the residential side. What does this mean for integrators who were looking into the show? Are we going to be ready for Both ISE and InfoComm being so close together? Looking at the scope of trade shows and what might be in store as things continue to develop.
The Z-Wave Alliance has released their third-annual State of the Ecosystem Report. As the name would suggest, it looks at the surveys and metrics to guage the smart home market landscape. When looking at these reports, owners of products in the Z-Wave ecosystem are likely to add more solutions into their space. Is there a way that integrators can leverage reports like these into how they do business?
Legrand has revealed the new name for the QMotion brand of shading solutions, now known as Legrand Shading Systems. This is an effort by Legrand to streamline their product offering and bringing those solutions under one umbrella. The simple question is what’s in a name? Is there a chance we as an industry get too chummy with fancy names and products to the point of risking alienating customers? Looking at what this means for Legrand moving forward.
- Joe Whitaker – Thoughtful Integrations
- Alex Capecelatro – Josh.ai
- AVNation – ISE 2022 moves to May
- Residential Tech Today – Z-Wave Alliance’s State of the Ecosystem Report
- CE Pro – QMotion rebranded to Legrand Shading Solutions
- AVNation studios production equipment provided by Shure and Vaddio.
- The article mentioned by Alex can be found here.
- Tim’s conversation with Mike Blackman and David Labuskes during AVWeek 543 can be found here.