Once I Was The King Of Spain
Even though some of us should be resting after the whirlwind that was Integrated Systems Europe 2023, the news never rests. So why should we? Joining this week to discuss the latest stories out of the residential space is Residential Tech Today’s Executive Editor Jeremy Glowacki and self-professed gremlin & Producer for AVNation Mitchell Toolen.
If you haven’t heard from all of our own coverage of the show or the previous paragraph, last week was the return to Barcelona for Integrated Systems Europe 2023. And yet, of these three only Mitchell actually go to step onto Spanish soil and see the show in person! We discuss the latest innovations seen on the show floor and the general merits of the show as it returns to the ‘normal’ space of February.
NETGEAR announced a strategic partnership with Origin Acoustics during the show. This means that Origin will resell and support NETGEAR’s wired and wireless solutions for the CI channel. We discuss what this move means for integrators and the space as a whole moving forward.
Speaking of ISE, the control company HDANYWHERE announced their latest uControl universal remote. Uncle Richie actually got to sit down with their CEO Chris Pinder in the AVNation Studio during the show to talk with him, but we also get our own takes here. Is a universal remote such a good idea, with Logitech’s Harmony remote being discontinued? Or this is the perfect time because of it?
- Jeremy Glowacki – Residential Tech Today
- Mitchell Toolen – AVNation
- AVNation – Coverage of Integrated Systems Europe 2023
- Residential Systems – NETGEAR and Origin Acoustics enter strategic partnership
- Residential Tech Today – HDANYWHERE announces uControl remote at ISE 2023
- AVNation studios production equipment provided by Shure and Vaddio.
- AVNation’s coverage of NETGEAR’s booth at ISE can be found here.
- Rich’s interview with HDANYWHERE Founder Chris Pinder can be found here.