To Be The Best (Around)
Somehow there are two Mitchells on this episode, but we don’t need to refer to the host/hostage. Instead, we’ll focus on the stories and news coming out of the residential side of the AV industry. Joining us this week is Z-Wave Executive Director Mitchell Klein, Trident IoT Founder Mariusz Malkowski and Founder of Control Concepts (and host of A State of Control) Steve Greenblatt.
Trident IoT launches to focus on connected devices and certification. True to the name, they are focused on the Internet of Things, even as far as being a direct supplier of Z-Wave solutions for the IoT space. Since we have both a founder of Trident IoT and someone from the Z-Wave Alliance, we discuss what this move means for the space and both companies.
CEDIA Expo 2023 is returning to Denver September 7-9, and what’s also returning is Destination Outdoors as part of the show. As the name implies, it is focused on showcasing outdoor solutions in their respective environment through a 24,000 square foot space. We discuss what this means for the upcoming show, and how interconnected outdoor AV solutions become alongside the tech indoors.
Lastly, we look at an article by Anthony Savona called Shining Those Forks. It’s focused on the recent season of the show The Bear, that our host has diligently disregarded to watch in preparation. But we’re familiar with plenty of tropes and tools about running a business be that a restaurant or company. What parallels can we draw between the food industry and AV? Can we use these tropes like the montage to our advantage?
- Residential Systems – Trident IoT launches, direct provider for Z-WAVE
- CE Pro – Destination Outdoors Returns to CEDIA Expo 2023
- Residential Systems – Shining Those Forks
- AVNation studios production equipment provided by Shure and Vaddio.
- Steve’s classes, The Integrator’s Guide to Blockchain Security & Understanding Personality Types for Increased Productivity and Success can be found on their respective links.
- In addition to the CE Pro All-Star Band, Mitchell will be involved with Maximizing the Smart Home Middle Market & Platform Playground Returns: Smart Home Protocols in 2023 and Integrator Impact during the show.