On this AVSocial we talk about some of the biggest challenges of the year for marketers. We discuss the tools to use to help automate marketing and stay connected to clients. The panel gives advice to new marketing pros.
Host: Tim Albright
- Hailey Klein – PSNI
- Lisa Remo – HB Communications
- Mike Kirby – GENCOMM
- On the episode, a number of our panelists mentioned Hubspot as a way to automate and streamline their marketing efforts. We at AVNation also use Hubspot. It is the main engine that drives our webinar sign-ups, newsletters, and inbound marketing to potential underwriters.
- Hailey Klein mentioned that she used the free version of Hubspot as well as Unbounce and Constant Contact. We recommend using the free versions of these products to get a sense of not only their tools but also the user interface. Salesforce is another online tool you can use to keep track of clients and then there is Pardot.
- Pardot is used by multiple manufacturers in the audio visual space and it is one of the most powerful tools out there. It is also one of the most expensive. If your aim is to track current and potential clients, get as much information and data about those clients, and funnel it through a sales process Pardot would be the way to go.
- Before making a decision on any software and strategy, getting buy-in from the sales leadership and team is essential. If they aren’t going to use the tools then there would not be a reason to become a Pardot customer. You may be better served with either the free versions of Hubspot, et al, or getting into a starting level with one of the services that allow you to manage, track, and speak to as many of your clients as possible.
- If that is the route you take, make certain it integrates into your existing customer management software.