This Is Not A Drill
Another week, another host of stories surrounding the residential side of the AV industry. Joining us this week is Principal of Fregosa Design and co-host of our own A State of Control Rich Fregosa, co-owner of Lumitech Jeff Mitchell and Director of Product Management for Hunter Douglas Scott Stephenson as we look at what’s going on in AV.
Homebuilding company Taylor Morrision introduces their new TM LiveWell package for healthier homes. We’ve had plenty of discussion about biophilia, human-centric lighting and wellness AV, but standard solution packages like this aren’t very common. Are packaged solutions like this for wellness something that other integrators should be looking into? How much does wellness factor into a project or sale?
Hunter Douglas in addition to their PowerView and PowerView+ premium shade solutions, also released a rechargeable battery wand for their automated shades. It’s then exceptionally beneficial that we have someone from Hunter Douglas able to demonstrate exactly what’s going on there. We discuss the applications in the home and how integrators can bring shades into the conversation with their clients.
Finally, we discuss the ever present topic of cyber-security. Especially now that a majority of the workforce is working from home, having a network that is strong and secure is more important that ever. But how can we get our proverbial foot in the door when it comes to educating our clients about being safe on their network? How many times do we have to teach you this lesson?
- Rich Fregosa – Rich on Twitter
- Jeff Mitchell – Lumitech
- Scott Stephenson – Hunter Douglas
- CE Pro – Taylor Morrison announces TM LiveWell standard package
- AVNation – Hunter Douglas showcases rechargeable battery wand
- Residential Tech Today – Securing smart homes and networks
- AVNation studios production equipment provided by Shure and Vaddio.
- Hunter Douglas Powerview automated shades were previously discussed in ResiWeek 234.
- IBM’s Work From Home Study mentioned can be found here.