Show Them The Light
Hot off the heels of InfoComm Connected, it would be right to just kick back and take it easy. However, the news doesn’t rest, so neither will we. Joining us today is Owner of TruMedia Amanda Wildman, Software Development Manager for BlackWire Designs Seth Johnson, and Founder of Thoughtful Integrations Joe Whitaker as we tackle the latest news coming out of the residential side of the AV industry.
After putting their conferences on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic, CEDIA is now announcing a revised schedule for their Technology and Business Summits. There are eight in-person summits planned along with one new virtual summit. As things start to trickle back into working order, is this too early? Looking at the state of nearly everything including our industry and how it stacks to these shows. We also discuss the difference between the large scale shows like CEDIA Expo and InfoComm compared to a smaller and more niche summit.
Speaking of InfoComm, AVIXA CEO David Labuskes held a keynote for the virtual show InfoComm Connected discussing the role of the integrator in these times of pandemic. He stated that the AV industry has a chance to be heroes in this time. He also discusses how it will take creativity to bring the crowds back. So how do we do it? Looking at what changes can be made, and how to utilize your business efficiently.
Finally, as this was recorded Monday it was just hot off the presses, Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) showed off a lot of new technology and changes to existing software. We discuss what this could mean for our industry.
- Amanda Wildman – TruMedia
- Seth Johnson – BlackWire Designs
- Joe Whitaker – Thoughtful Integrations
- Residential Tech Today – CEDIA revises schedule for Tech & Business Summits
- CEPro – Finding creative means for business in midst of COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Verge – Apple plans for VR and AR development
- AVNation studios production equipment provided by Shure and Vaddio.
- As Matt mentioned, David Labuskes was a guest on AVWeek 461 discussing InfoComm Connected.