Coal-Fired & Side Cranked
It May be time to take a look at the latest news coming out of the commercial side of the AV industry. Joining us this week is Director of System Solutions for QSC Cory Schaeffer, Executive Editor for Commercial Integrator Craig MacCormack and Advisist himself Bradford Benn.
First we take a look at the ongoing global shortage of semiconductors and essential components for AV solutions. We have covered this story recently in both the residential space and even touched on it for commercial but this is not going to be a one-time kind of story. Chances are our industry and many others will be feeling the impact of this situation for years to come. That being said, when should we expect things to turn around? What can manufacturers do to make sure their clients are aware of the situation and can work around things? Talking about the impact of this shortage on our industry.
Jabra has showcased their new line of PanaCast collaboration cameras, the all-in-one PacaCast 50 and the personal PanaCast 20. The PanaCast 50 in particular features nine edge processors, allowing AI processors to detect things such as room occupancy, audio integration and more. Is this edge processing the next step for collaboration software? Looking at what adaptive systems like this can do for the future of the integrated workplace.
- Cory Schaeffer – QSC
- Bradford Benn – Advisist
- Craig McCormack – Commercial Integrator
- Commercial Integrator – Chip shortage affects multiple lines of industry
- AV Network – Jabra unveils PanaCast 20 and PanaCast 50 cameras
- AVNation studios production equipment provided by Shure and Vaddio.
- AVNation’s coverage of Creston Masters 2021 contained both the residential and commercial side of the show.
- The chip shortage has been previously discussed on AVWeek 504 and ResiWeek 265.
- Win A Chance To Go To InfoComm 2021 For Free!