No Golden Ticket
It may be summertime, but the living is far from easy. Luckily we’re here to look at the stories coming out of the AV industry that look at the more technical side of things. Joining us today are Manager of Product Marketing for Extron Derek Joncas and AV consultant as part of AstroMan AV Sean Reid as we break down the latest news that brings together both the IT and AV side of our industry.
A new virtual conference has been announced, called the Presence Summit. It seeks to focus on how integrators and business leaders can enhance their abilities when it comes to using video communications like Zoom and Teams for both your team meetings and client relations. Since we’re currently mostly working from home and meeting remotely as is, isn’t this something everyone should be getting into? Taking a look at what IT mangers are facing as the hybridization of remote and group meetings become more ubiquitous.
Speaking of unified communications, as COVID-19 continues to affect every facet of business, the need for UC solutions is something that the AV industry can provide. So how can integrators and companies help evolve businesses to be able to be running safe and sound in this time?
Finally, it is reported that higher education facilities will see a major jump in cloud computing adoption for faculty and students. What the future of cloud computing might look like for campuses and businesses.
- Derek Joncas – Extron
- Sean Reid – AstroMan AV
- AVNation – Presence Summit announced
- Commercial Integrator – AV’s role in unified communication amidst COVID-19
- edu wire – Higher education facilities grow in use of cloud computing solutions
- AVNation studios production equipment provided by Shure and Vaddio.
- Sign up for the Presence Summit here.
- AVNation previously had a preview of the upcoming Presence Summit on an AVNation Special. It can be found here.