New line of presentation switchers for office, classroom
IRVINE, CA – January 14, 2019 – ATEN Technology, Inc., the technology leader and global manufacturer of KVM and Pro AV connectivity solutions, today announced its new presentation switch series. Tailor-made with unique and innovative features to satisfy a wide variety of meeting space demands and various presentation environments, the switches are available in two series:
VP 1000 Core Series – The “VP1920” is suitable for all small-to-medium sized corporate and education presentation environments, such as meeting rooms, classrooms, training rooms, or other presentation settings, such as exhibition centers or hotels. It includes a 9×2 4K presentation matrix switch with video matrix switching, audio processing, and analog-to-digital conversion to deliver high-quality video and audio switching. With nine inputs to two 4K outputs, the 3-in-1 presentation switch was designed to boost the efficiency and impact of professional multi-format 4K presentations. With front panel pushbuttons, IR remote controller, OSD, and RS232, the unit reduces system device count and lowers operation complexity.
- Multi-format AV switching – Switching among 6 HDMI and 3 combo inputs (HDMI/VGA, HDMI/DisplayPort, HDMI/Component/Composite) to 2 HDMI outputs and supports coaxial, TOSLINK, and stereo audio outputs.
- USB control routing for PCs and touch panels – USB ports integrate PC and touch panel controls with other devices into one system. Independent switching of USB peripheral ports and keyboard/mouse control focus.
- Selectable matrix, mirror, and PIP modes – Three different display modes meet the needs of various events or presentation styles.
- Source preview – Quickly identify and switch to target content means no more guessing which port connects to which content source.
VP2000 Collaborative Series – The “VP2730” facilitates distance-free content sharing with advanced audio. Ideal for conference and board rooms, lecture halls, or distance learning classrooms, the solution empowers larger meetings and facilitates collaboration between local and remote participants. It includes a 7×3 seamless multi-in-one presentation switch with video matrix scaler, streaming, audio mixer, and HDBaseT extender.
- Bi-directional distance-free streaming – Expedite collaboration by going live to stream out HD video or stream in content from a remote site via an intuitive web GUI.
- Ultra-seamless switch with scaler – Zero second switching without any latency while scaling ensures extra smooth presentations for the best output resolution.
- Multi-view flexibility – Display and switch simultaneously up to six sources in PiP (picture in picture), PbP (picture by picture), quad-view mode, and more.
- Moderator mode – The meeting moderator can control any output display remotely and discretely without interrupting the meeting flow.
- Built-in audio mixer – Supports dynamic and condenser microphone input with selectable 48V phantom power, allowing microphone input to be mixed with program audio.
“ATEN simplifies AV integration and the compatibility challenges that accompany them, by eliminating the need for numerous individual components,” said ATEN Pro AV Product Manager YT Liang. “With multi-in-one functionality, our easy-to-control and connect switching solutions enable workforces to collaborate within a local meeting room or share presentations with multiple offices remotely on any devices, in any-sized spaces.”
Simplified AV integration and control, ATEN’s multi-in-one solutions are available in a variety of configurations. Users can mix and match video matrix switch, audio, extension, streaming, and analog-to-digital conversion functions, and share unique features in one compact enclosure. Eliminating the need for numerous individual components also reduces the compatibility challenges that accompany multiple devices. The switches are equipped with an accessible OSD and intuitive Web GUI to streamline operation for both local and remote participants, offering a solid, cost-effective foundation for streaming content to next-generation collaborative environments.
Pricing and Availability
ATEN’s new presentation switches (VP1920, MSRP: $980; VP2730, MSRP: $2,700) are available through ATEN’s channel of distribution and reseller partners starting this month: http://www.aten.com/us/en/where-to-buy/.
For more information, product features, and technical specifications, visit:
Tim Albright is the founder of AVNation and is the driving force behind the AVNation network. He carries the InfoComm CTS, a B.S. from Greenville College and is pursuing an M.S. in Mass Communications from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. When not steering the AVNation ship, Tim has spent his career designing systems for churches both large and small, Fortune 500 companies, and education facilities.