Gold, Silver and Bronze awards will be presented as part of the Free Networking Reception and APEX Awards ceremony on April 1
Digital Signage Expo (DSE), the world’s largest international trade show and educational conference dedicated to digital displays, interactive technology and digital communications networks, today announced 37 finalists for the 16th annual APEX Awards.
The 2020 APEX Awards, presented by the Digital Signage Federation, are designed to recognize and honor achievement in the installation of digital displays and interactive technology and the creation of compelling viewer content. For well over a decade the APEX Awards have honored hundreds of companies around the world for their innovation.
This year’s APEX Award finalists were chosen by an independent panel of 11 industry experts and journalists from a field of 115 entrants from 19 countries vying in 12 major digital signage categories.
The list of finalists and videos of the entries can be found here.
Gold, Silver and Bronze awards will be presented in each category as part of the Free Networking Reception and APEX Awards Ceremony sponsored by Peerless-AV and Samsung, Wednesday on April 1, from 5 to 7 p.m., staged at the Las Vegas Convention Center in North Hall One in Las Vegas. DSE will also present the APEX Installation of the Year, Content of the Year and Integrator of the Year Awards.
The Digital Signage Federation’s 2020 APEX Award Finalists are:
• Delta Airlines, Biometric Hoteling Solution nominated by Four Winds Interactive
• Forcepoint nominated by Design Communications Ltd.
• Legacy Union Bank of America Tower Lobby nominated by NanoLumens and Second Story
• Friends 25th Anniversary Global Kick-off nominated by BARTKRESA studio
• MediaCom Agency nominated by Moving Walls
• The Genesis Experience at Toronto Pearson Airport nominated by BIG Digital ThinkingBox Genesis Motors Canada GTAA
• Bill & Melinda Gates Center for Computer Science & Engineering nominated by Belle & Wissell Co.
• Deep Dive into the Brain South Florida Science Center and Aquarium nominated by Ideum
• The Media Majlis nominated by MOSECO QATAR
Entertainment & Recreation
• Camelview DUMBO Digital Takeover nominated by Harkins Theatres
• Penguin Chill at the ABQ BioPark nominated by Ideum
• Statue of Liberty Museum nominated by ESI Design
Experiential Design & Planning
• DATALAND:LINQ Hotel + Experience nominated by McCann Systems
• The Arctic Refuge Experience. Step In. Step Up. nominated by Future Colossal and Do Something Strategic
• The Wheel of Intention – The Rubin Museum of Art nominated by Potion
• Sunnybrook Foundation Tap-to-Donate Kiosk nominated by Envision
• The Wall of Heroes/Orlando Regional Medical Health Center nominated by Intermedia Touch
• The Wilderverse Connecticut Children’s Medical Center nominated by Dimensional Innovations
• Hurtigruten MS Roald Amundsen nominated by ProntoTV – part of Zeta Display
• Palms Ivory Tower Mesh nominated by Yaham USA Red Rock Resorts
• Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino nominated by Design Communications Ltd.
• Boston Media Band at 110 High Street nominated by ESI Design
• Symulakra nominated by Screen Network, panGenerator
• X Madrid – Digital Urban Project nominated by NECSUM
Restaurants, Bars & Foodservice
• KAOS Nightclub at the Palms Casino Resort nominated by NanoLumens
• The Living Retail Lab: Digital Menu Boards Inside Citizens Supply nominated by HighStreet Collective
• Toronto Union Food Court – QSR Digital Expressions nominated by Jumping Brand & Design Inc.
• Riachuelo nominated by Userful Corporation
• The Future of Retail, Led by The Fitting Room nominated by Elo
• Villiers hypermarket nominated by Pixel Inspiration – Carrefour Voyages
• “Fulton Flow” in Fulton Center nominated by MTA Arts & Design
• Istanbul Airport Duty Free Digital Signage Project/Unifree nominated by Sistem 9
• LAX Time Tower nominated by RealMotion
• Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic Co. Ltd. nominated by Daktronics
• Wells Fargo Center nominated by ANC
• Yapi Kredi 75th Anniversary nominated by Dreambox Visual Communications
Registration for any of the DSE 2020 educational conference sessions, which are eligible for Digital Signage Expert Group (DSEG) certification renewal credits, is available online at www.dse2020.com.
Mark your calendar now: DSE 2020 is scheduled for March 31- April 3, 2020, with access to the Exhibit Hall April 1-2 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. To reserve exhibit space, contact Chris Gibbs at (770) 817-5901 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit www.dse2020.com.
About the Independent Panel of APEX Award Judges
DSE’s APEX Awards were individually assessed and juried on the basis of originality and innovation by 11 industry experts and journalists, all of whom have long reported on or have been active in the digital signage sector. Judges included:
Anohar John, Pondicherry University
Jorn Olsen, ProntoTV
Dina Townsend, YCD Multimedia
Simanta Shekhar Sarmah, IEEE
Tammuz Dubnov, Zuzor
Dave Dolejsi, St. Joseph Communication
Linda Hofflander, Skykit
Wayne Rasor, FASTSIGNS
Beth Warren, Creative Realities
Phil Cohen, CMN Holdings
David Keene, DigiDaybook
Note: Judges were exempted from jurying in their own categories or in any circumstances of any potential conflict of interest.