Havison Systems Inc. announced an agreement to acquire AVIWEST S.A.S. With the addition of Aviwest, Haivision will have a comprehensive video contribution solution portfolio to address the growing demand for live, high-quality video content in broadcast, sports, and live event production. This important acquisition by Haivision will combine two industry leaders in low latency video contribution.
“With the addition of Aviwest, Haivision will now lead in both fixed and mobile networks in providing ultra-low latency video solutions,” said Mirko Wicha, Haivision President and CEO. “We are very excited to welcome the amazing team at Aviwest and its customers to the Haivision family, and to provide broadcasters globally a trusted and proven vendor to solve their video contribution challenges.”
Founded in 2008, Aviwest is a world-leading provider of mobile IP-based video contribution systems and a pioneer in the transmission of live video over cellular networks. The company has a history of innovations including innovation including many world firsts: portable cellular video transmission, live video transmission over a 4G network implementing QoS, and live 4K video transmission over a 5G network. Globally, hundreds of top broadcasters, television stations, and production houses trust and rely on Aviwest technology in their day-to-day coverage of sporting and other live events.
“Together with Haivision, our solutions will bring customers maximum live video flexibility with ultra-low latency, highly reliable network connectivity, and pristine video quality,” said Ronan Poullaouec, CTO and Co-Founder of Aviwest. “With sub-200ms glass-to-glass latency over 5G networks, our solutions are revolutionizing remote production workflows by giving broadcasters more options for contributing real-time content for premium live events and sports coverage.”
This acquisition will allow Haivision to:
- Deliver a comprehensive solution portfolio for low latency video contribution over fixed and mobile networks.
- Provide low latency synchronized stream delivery to address the needs of remote production and cloud production workflows.
- Benefit from all cross-selling opportunities between the companies’ highly complementary offerings.
- Incorporate Aviwest’s patented network bonding technology across Haivision’s products and leverage both Emmy® award-winning network transport protocols, SRT and SST.
- Extend Aviwest 5G and network bonding technology into the growing government and public safety markets.
- Significantly expand Aviwest’s sales presence into the North American market.
- Derive long-term product development efficiencies in video encoding, cloud connectivity, and network management.
- Gain operational synergies in supply chain management, production, global 24/7 support, sales, and marketing.
- Establish Haivision’s second-largest development facility worldwide in France, making Europe home to over half of Haivision’s development team.
- Expand its global workforce to over 400 employees.