On Thursday the New York Mets showcased an exclusive first look at what’s to come in the 2022-23 season. Guest previewed new promotional items and got to taste new additions to Citi Field’s menu.
Citi Field has partnered with numerous companies to provide an elevated and convenient fan experience like no other. One of the companies chosen was Wicket as the Met’s official facial authentication partner. Known to fans as the Mets Entry Express Program, facial ticketing will be a voluntary program for faster, touchless entry to the park. Anyone attending a Mets’ home game can enroll in the program online.
One of the big announcements at the event was the multi-year partnership with Samsung. The Mets and Samsung plan to transform Citi Field into the most technologically advanced ballparks in the Major Leagues.
Samsung is working with the stadium to install cutting-edge high definition screens and solutions, transforming the experience from a static environment to an all-digital fan experience. Included among the enhancements are five levels of new LED ribbon boards designed to deliver dynamic content as well as 1,300 LCD screens displaying high-def content.
Samsung and Citi Field have numerous upgrades that they will implement throughout the season, including:
- 12,000 sq. ft of Samsung dvLED Displays throughout the stadium
- 5 levels of Samsung LED ribbon boards
- ~300 Samsung LCD screens around the ballpark
- An immersive new IPTV system that utilizes Samsung’s MagicINFO software
- Triple the number of cameras capturing real-time action
- Double the number of slow-motion replay systems
- Complete digital conversion from statics screens at the Taste of the City Food Court.
- New High-Definition Samsung screens in the dugouts
- Enhanced digital display in the Jackie Robinson Rotunda
- ~1000 additional Samsung LCD screens around the ballpark
- 2 new large LED boards for gameplay viewing in the Promenade Plaza area
- New dynamic centerfield scoreboard
To learn more about all the new updates for the 2022-23 season, visit mets.com.