PPDS is the provider of Philips professional display, covering professional TVs, signage, and direct view LED solutions, worldwide under a trademark license by Koninklijke Philips N.V.
PPDS has become the exclusive Digital Display Supplier and Innovation Partner of Oracle Red Bull Racing, the Formula OneTM World Champions.
PPDS will supply advanced displays for the Oracle Red Bull Racing hospitality team at all Grand Prix weekends in the 2023 and 2024 Formula One World Championship seasons.
PPDS, the exclusive global provider of Philips professional displays, is proud to announce it has become the exclusive ‘Digital Display Supplier’ and official ‘Innovation Partner’ of the team behind the reigning Formula One™ World Champions, Oracle Red Bull Racing.
Evolving and expanding its existing and highly successful partnership, PPDS will exclusively supply a series of advanced displays – including custom-built solutions designed exclusively for the Oracle Red Bull Racing hospitality team used at all Grand Prix weekends within the 2023 and 2024 Formula One World Championship season.
Commenting on the new partnership, Christian Horner, Team Principal at Oracle Red Bull Racing and Red Bull Technology, said: “We always look for our partners’ cultures to synergize with our own. The emphasis on teamwork, partnership, and innovation, and the entrepreneurial and agile ways of working at PPDS made them the ideal partner for us.”
LED-ing from the front in hospitality
Fuelled by collaboration, and a shared desire to lead from the front, this exciting partnership – which also sees PPDS provide Philips professional displays to Oracle Red Bull Racing for its state-of-the-art Technology Campus in Milton Keynes, UK – follows the successful deployment of a series of advanced Philips professional displays, used to transform the VIP hospitality experience for guests in the Oracle Red Bull Racing Paddock Club™ during F1 race weekends.
Located above the team garages and pit lanes and overlooking the start/finish straight, the luxurious Oracle Red Bull Racing Paddock Club™ prides itself on providing unrivaled, beyond-the-grandstand, VIP hospitality experiences, bringing F1™ fans closer than ever to the action as it unfolds, with access to an ever-evolving stream of live and pre-recorded content.
For the 2022 FIA World Championship Season, with a record-breaking 23-race schedule, spread over 20 countries, Oracle Red Bull Racing turned to PPDS to jump-start a new and enhanced era of immersive experiences within their Paddock Club, replacing and upgrading an existing, more challenging multi-display lineup, and to reduce the challenging lengthy installation process.
Understanding the incredible pressure that time constraints presented to the Oracle Red Bull Racing hospitality team during race weekends, PPDS collaborated with the team to design and build three custom, ‘larger than life’ 10m2 portable 4K UHD dvLED showcases.
Measuring 4.85m wide and 2.05m high, the spectacular 48 cabinets, 1.5 pixels, 8 x 6 Philips L-Line 9000 Series dvLED wall provided a commanding and engaging centerpiece to the Oracle Red Bull Racing Paddock Club, delivering the precise color calibration and perfect resolution required to represent the team’s winning brand, while capable of showing multiple feeds at any one time, of presenting the full, immersive experience for their guests.
Going the extra mile, the LED walls feature a one-of-a-kind custom design, with the entire solution – manufactured in partnership with AMPCO Flashlight – built into two durable flight cases, allowing for ‘pop-up’ and ‘pop-down’ installation and de-installation, while ensuring safe transportation between races. Time concerns and pressures around set-up times have been dramatically reduced, with the displays pivoting out and joining seamlessly together while being able to be installed within a couple of hours rather than days.
The Paddock Club experience is augmented with a further 17 other Philips professional displays – including 4x Philips MediaSuite professional TVs, 7x Philips AOC gaming monitors, and x6 Philips 222B9T touch monitors – delivering near 360 visual experiences, with live race coverage, access to exclusive behind the scenes content, links to the Oracle Red Bull Racing pit lane, and audio feeds from the drivers and crew, as well as simulator experiences, among just some of the offerings.
All solutions will once again feature in the Oracle Red Bull Racing Paddock Club for all race weekends during the 2023 Formula One World Championship season, including at the inaugural Las Vegas Grand Prix.
Tim de Ruiter, Business Development Director at PPDS, added: “Oracle Red Bull Racing is a team driven by ambitions that mirror our own, optimizing results through teamwork, creativity, and a firm understanding of the road ahead. We are delighted to have not only renewed our partnership but expanded it, supporting its teams from trackside to the Technology Campus, as we work together to develop tailored solutions for the future.”
Martijn van der Woude, VP of Global Business Development and Marketing, concluded: This is a relationship that is driven by partnership, with a shared desire to lead from the front and to achieve the seemingly impossible. Oracle Red Bull Racing doesn’t settle for second best, and neither do we. We couldn’t be prouder as a team and on behalf of everyone at PPDS, I wish Oracle Red Bull Racing every success for what we all hope will be another glorious Formula One World Championship season.”
Benefits at a Glance
- Easy transportation: Separating and folding easily into two bespoke flight cases, three sets of giant LED displays are in circulation, giving the Oracle Red Bull Racing hospitality team total confidence that their kit will be on location, on time, and ready for an easy install.
- Super-fast set up: Folding out of two customized flight cases, the Philips dvLED wall solution can be set up in under an hour, allowing the team time to encase it in Oracle Red Bull Racing surrounds, with shelving and cabinets for team and sponsors’ branding.
- Fine-tuned color calibration: Matching the Oracle Red Bull Racing lighting-specific color guidelines was a must. The Philips 9000 Series combines the very best in quality components to deliver whites, blacks, color and contrast, texture, and speed with no compromise.
- Multiple feeds: From the pit lane to the cockpit, delivering live stream and pre-recorded content, the awesome 10m2 Philips LED wall splits into multiple feeds to allow the Oracle Red Bull Racing hospitality team to present the full experience for their guests.
- Client: Oracle Red Bull Racing
- Location: Paddock Club hospitality suites during F1 race weekends globally
- Project: Driving fast-track global hospitality for Oracle Red Bull Racing
- Products: 27BDL9115L Philips 9000 Series 1.5 dvLED, 4x 55HFL6114U Philips MediaSuite TVs, 2x 32HFL5114 Philips MediaSuite TVs, 7x AOC G2260VWQ6 gaming monitors, 6x Philips 222B9T touch monitors.